Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Friends With Benefits....


My husband watched this picture on his day off and called me up that he loved it and he said it is similar as what we did a couple of years ago (except for the sex thingy).  I watched it and yerp it brought us back to memory lane.

I knew Mr Shan since we were 19.  I was the thinnest, smallest in my gang and he was for his.  These two gangs combined and becoming a circle of friends of 20.  The big gang was later created pairs of couples and for some reasons the remaining  were just chasing one girl, my best friend, and that left me and him with none.

Even that happened, we had a great fun of 4 - 5 years together as a group.  In between those years, I managed to find myself a fling and Mr Shan was hooked up with a girl.  

Anyway, since the day I met him, I've never failed to not to look for him after classes, or the time when we skipped classes, well at least twice a week.  Every night before I go to sleep I would go to their house, find him and tell him my story of the day.  We enjoyed our each other's company even though we had boyfriend/girlfriend at that time.  That lasted for years even when we were graduated and then working.

Finally at year 6 of our friendship, he took a break from his gf for a year and hearing that, I broke off with my crappy bf.  The next day we met, we decided on to have a 'Love Contract'.  We would act as a couple, we will spend each day together and basically we do what any other couples would do.  Just for the sake of understanding what a girl and a boy expect in a relationship.  No feelings incurred.  I put my terms and conditions and he put his.  If something wrong happens, 'Yes Its Okay. Cause We Are Just Friends'.    

A year passed by.  The act fit in well with us.  Its unexplainable.  We are friends but at the same time we benefit from each other.  It was a great year for us.  Unfortunately one fine evening, Mr Shan's gf called up, to pick up whatever they had left before.  I was so nervous, full of hope, but well ready for any consequences.   I knew that I love this guy and whatever happens, as we said, we still remain as friends.

No big drama then.  Obviously, I won his heart and still winning it.  We tied the knot months after that.  We are still friends even after 12 years.  We realized that we never wanted to spend our time with anyone else than each other.  The End.

No comments:

Notice Board

The original path of Cik Peah's blog is:


comments pasted at http://peps-hellkitchen.blogspot.sg will not be seen by the owner.
Thanks for reading and enjoy your blogging day.