Me: "we just want to give u extra money.."
Doctor: "hoho..don't say like that.."
Me: "...(smiling)..my daughter is having fever..her highest temperature was 38.7 degrees this morning"
Doctor: "..her throat sangat merah...she might have viral infection..if this continues, it will lead to bad tonsillitis..."..bla..bla..bla..
Doctor: "..i'll give her..paracetamol.."..bla..bla
Me: "I need MC today, doctor"
Doctor: "..NO..I can't give you one..ur not the one whois sick"
Me: (puzzled).."betul..but I kena cuti..I want to take care of my daughter"
Doctor: "..nope..I never gave out any mc...for mommies..unless ur sick..Your company might call me and ask me questions..."
Me: "..jap..what other working mothers would do..when their children fall sick"
Doctor: "...normally they will let the maids take care of the child or send it to the parents.."
He Approved The Medical Leave Eventually
- Is this for real? I don't blame the Doctor as he was defending his integrity and principal.
- I don't have the heart to leave my daughter alone with my mother during her sickness. I kept on thinking what kind of mother would have done that..
- Sick babies need extra care from the mothers. All I knew, she needs me to be by her side.
- Hugs and kisses are truly one of the best medication.
- Attention to all bosses who are reading this...may all of you to be considerate especially to working mothers...
- I need to bring this to the parliament, need to write to Kementerian Pembangunan Wanita, Keluarga dan Masyarakat
- No matter how workaholic you are, taking one day leave for your sick child...does not mean that you are an unreliable and irresponsible staff.
- What do you think...mothers?